So, you passed your WBI and were offered a phone interview, woohoo!! Now ensures the panic! Everyone seems to spiral into a frenzy over the phone interview. Today I'm going to give you some tips to help you avoid this seeming inevitable panic.
1. Stop Panicking, it's not going to help you to panic and only going to make you more nervous which doesn't help you on your interview.
2. Set up a Mock Interview, You can do this with a friend or family member, I'm even willing to help you if you want, just contact me here or on Facebook and I'd love to help you. Here's a list of potential questions to help you out. Practice the general questions as well as questions related to your top choice roles and questions related to the high need roles (custodial, housekeeping, lifeguard, and quick service for the spring 2017 recruiting season).
3. Make ONE Page of Notes, more than one page of notes will be overwhelming, confusing, and ultimately not helpful because you'll spend just as much time searching for the answer as you would thinking of the answer. As you go through your mock interview mark the questions you can't answer quickly and make notes for those. For me those are the example questions such as "Describe a situation where you have had to work with a difficult person, boss, or teacher." Also include your list of your top 5 roles in order (just so you're prepared for if they ask for any number of top roles) and a space to write down your interviewer's name.
4. Repeat Step One, stop panicking, take five deep breaths, get a good night sleep, listen to some Disney music to prepare yourself. Do whatever will calm you down.
5. Prepare for your Interview, Set out your notes and a pencil or pen, find a quiet place where you get good phone signal, review your answers, smile, and be ready for the call. Be ready 15 minutes before your interview. Be prepared that your interviewer may call you 15 minutes early or late.
Before I finish, I want to again extend the offer to contact me for help preparing for your PI. I want to remind you again to check out the potential interview questions. Finally, if you have any questions I can answer please submit them below or comment on this post.